The UAS Advantage
United Actuarial Services, Inc. (UAS) has been providing full-service actuarial consulting to multiemployer plans since 1951. The UAS advantage includes:
- Multiemployer Focus — We specialize in providing services exclusively to multiemployer (Taft-Hartley) pension and health care plans and are one of the few employee benefits consulting and actuarial firms that focuses exclusively on servicing this community. This focus means our reports, consulting services and advice are all specifically geared to address the unique concerns and issues faced by multiemployer trustees and fund professionals.
- Experience — Our professional staff includes consultants, actuaries, an attorney, and research specialists who are experts in the employee benefits field and are well acquainted with the special issues facing multiemployer benefit funds. We have over 200 clients across 30 states ranging from New York to Colorado.
- Advanced Reporting — To assist Trustees in making timely decisions about their benefit fund, UAS utilizes advanced reporting and planning tools including real-time modeling of both pension and health plan funding levels.
- Competitive, Transparent Pricing — UAS provides a comprehensive, flat-fee Basic Services package designed to include all of the services expected to be performed on at least an annually recurring basis. This approach minimizes ad-hoc billing and allows the Trustees to have a fair basis upon which to budget Fund expenses. UAS does not accept any compensation from third parties, either directly or indirectly.
- Research — The UAS Research Department is recognized as one of the leading sources for analysis of new laws, regulations and judicial developments from the perspective of multiemployer benefit plans. Our Director of Research, Mike Ewing, JD, typically issues over 60 research publications per year.